- Doctorate: Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida
- Graduate: Master of Arts in Audiology, Kent State University
- Undergraduate: Communication Disorders, Bowling Green State University
Certifications and Licensures
- Board Certified in Audiology
- Fellow in the American Academy of Audiology (F-AAA)
- Licensed to practice Audiology and dispense Hearing Aids in the states of South Carolina and North Carolina
- American Academy of Audiology
- Future Leaders of Audiology
- Audiological Resource Association
Dr. Gary Wayne Fike, Jr, owner of Palmetto Family Hearing Center, has been an Audiologist for 15 years, thirteen of which have been in the Charlotte area. He has extensive experience in complete diagnostic hearing evaluations and hearing aid technology. Dr. Fike continued his education to the highest level to best serve his patients. He also obtained his board certification, which requires the most amount of continued education.
As a graduate student, Dr. Fike had a dream to one day open his own audiology practice to serve the hearing needs of families in his community. That dream became a reality when Palmetto Family Hearing Center opened its doors. Dr. Fike founded Palmetto Family Hearing Center with the purpose of providing personalized hearing care with the best possible technology while spending quality time with his patients.
Dr. Fike grew up in Painesville, Ohio and is a local resident of Fort Mill, South Carolina. Dr. Fike is married to Jenny, a Fort Mill Native, and they have two children, Noah and Adelie. Outside of helping patients hear well, Dr. Fike enjoys traveling and spending time with his family and friends. He is actively involved in the community as a board member for Pierce’s Project, which serves families of premature babies, and as a volunteer at Children’s Attention Home.